Pearl Barley

Pearl Barley

Pearl barley is mostly used in soups and stews, where it serves both as a thickener and a grain addition, but it also makes a nice side dish or salad. It is used in a variety of Middle Eastern dishes, as well as in mugicha tea in Japan. In Scotland, it is used to make bannock. Pearl barley is also used to make barley water, usually sweetened and flavored with orange or lemon.

  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • No Hassle Refunds
  • Secure Payments


Buy Pearl Barley

The most popular and familiar form of barley is pearled barley. This nutty, chewy, small grain is similar to wheat and a great addition to various dishes. Added regularly to soups, stews and porridges, pearled barley both thickens and creates texture. It can also be used as a substitution in your favorite couscous, brown rice, and quinoa dishes, or topped on your favorite salads.

Buy Pearl Barley from a Supplier

Pearled barley, scientifically referred to as Hordeum vulgare is a member of the grass family and is one of the oldest, edible farmed grains. It comes in fourth behind wheat, rice and corn in terms of production size and cultivation worldwide. Interestingly, only 2% of barley is harvested for eating; the other 98% is used as a main ingredient in brewing beer and feeding animals.

Buy Pearl Barley from a Wholesaler

Pearled barley for human consumption is processed to remove the inedible, outer hull of the barley plant, as well as the inner bran layer, revealing a polished grain. Hence the name ‘pearled’. The best thing about barley is its numerous health benefits. As a rich source of fiber, barley has proven to be beneficial in:

  • Lowering cholesterol
  • Preventing gall stones
  • Creating regularity
  • Decreasing colon cancer
  • Combatting Type 2 diabetes
  • Fighting hemorrhoids

Buy Pearl Barley Cheap

Pearled barley is also high in lysine, molybdenum, manganese, and selenium, and is a good source of copper, vitamin B1, chromium, phosphorus, magnesium, and niacin. Mount Hope Wholesale offers pearled barley in five-pound bags as well as full sacks.

Open chat
Can we help you?